MAA Boys Basketball
CBL Application to Play (Click link)
Divisions of Play:
- Rookies: 7 & 8yrs
- Cubs: 9yrs & Under
- Bears: 10yrs & Under
- Minors: 11yrs & Under
- Nets: 12yrs & Under
- Intermediate: 13yrs & Under
- Juniors: 15yrs & Under
- Seniors: 18yrs & Under
# Teams/Divisions will be determined by player evaluations and participation level
*Age as of December 31, 2016*
Eighteen (18) year old players CANNOT participate if they reach the age of nineteen (19) prior to the end of the Senior Division season. Seven (7) year old players MUST be seven prior to December 31, 2016.
- The registration cost this year will be $150.00/player if you are ordering a new uniform.
- The registration cost is $90.00/player if you are reusing a uniform from last year.
- Registration and uniform fees must be paid before a uniform will be ordered. If payment is not received by Friday, November 18th, your players registration will become inactive.
Season at a Glance 2016
- OCT 5th - NOV 11TH OPEN REGISTRATION PERIOD
- NOV 14th - NOV 22nd OPEN GYM/PLAYER ASSESSMENTS
- NOV 23rd - NOV 25th - ALL GYMS CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING
- NOV 28th - FULL PRACTICE BEGINS IN ASSIGNED GYMS
- DEC 10th (SATURDAY) PRE-SEASON GAMES @ VARIOUS GYMS
- DEC 17th - JAN 2nd ALL GYMS CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK
- JAN 2nd (MONDAY) DISTRIBUTION OF SCHEDULES - ALL DIVISIONS
- JAN 3rd (TUESDAY) FULL PRACTICE BEGINS - ALL ASSIGNED GYMS/TIMES
- JAN 7th (SATURDAY) GAMES BEGIN FOR ALL DIVISIONS
- JAN 7th (SATURDAY) CLINICS BEGIN FOR ROOKIES
- FEB 4TH (SATURDAY) GAMES FOR ROOKIES BEGIN
- FEB 7TH (SUNDAY) SUPER BOWL NO GAMES SCHEDULED
- FEB 11th - FEB 18th SENIOR & JUNIOR PLAYOFFS
- FEB 24th - SENIOR & JUNIOR ALL STAR GAMES - ELIZABETH DAVIS MIDDLE
- FEB 18th - FEB 25th INTERMEDIATE & NETS PLAYOFFS
- FEB 25th - MAR 4th MINOR PLAYOFFS - TOMAHAWK MIDDLE
- MAR 3rd - INTERMEDIATE & NETS ALL STAR GAMES - ELIZ. DAVIS MIDDLE
- MAR 4th - MAR 11th - BEARS & CUBS DIVISION PLAYOFFS - TOMAHAWK MIDDLE
- MAR 11th - MINOR ALL STAR GAME
- MARCH 11th LEAGUE SEASON ENDS
Midlothian Athletic Association serves children ages 7 -18 who reside in the J.B. Watkins Elementary School attendance zone. If your child does not reside in the Watkins attendance zone, he/she must receive a waiver or loaner from his/her "home" association.
Games are held on Saturday and/or Sunday for most divisions as well as on weeknights in the Junior and Senior Divisions. There may be one or two games during the week for each division in 2016.
Games may be held at any gym in Chesterfield County and may involve 30 minutes or more of drive time.
All divisions except Rookies and Cubs have an "A" league and a "B" league. Players are assigned to "A" or "B" teams based on player evaluations. Every team in each division except Rookies participates in a season ending tournament. The intent is to place players of similar skill levels on the same team and to create a competitive teams. Our goal is to provide all players with an opportunity to learn, compete and enjoy the game of basketball.
ALL COACHES and assistant coaches are required to have, and display during games, a valid Chesterfield County Volunteer Eligibility Card. This certifies that they have passed a background check by the Chesterfield County Police Dept. For More information: Background Checks (click link)
Midlothian Athletic Association is a member of the Chesterfield Basketball League. Information about the league including bylaws, rules, administrators, schedules, standings, etc. can be found on the league website: www.chesterfieldbasketball.org (click link)
For additional questions regarding boys basketball at Midlothian Athletic Association contact:
Dylan Brod at email@example.com